COVINGTON, LA and CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. – September 5, 2013 – Stirling Properties and CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. (NYSE: CBL) announce the addition of five new national tenants to Phase I of Fremaux Town Center in Slidell, Louisiana. Phase I is approximately 295,000 square feet anchored by Kohl’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Best Buy, T.J.Maxx, and Michaels. Construction is moving along as scheduled with an anticipated opening of Spring 2014.
Joining the previously announced tenants are:
- Cheddar’s, an inviting neighborhood restaurant offering hand-made, high quality food at a reasonable price, will occupy 8,000 square feet. This will be Cheddar’s first Southeast Louisiana location.
- Kirkland’s, a leading specialty retailer of home décor, will occupy 7,000 square feet. This will be the retailer’s third location in St. Tammany Parish.
- Panera Bread, a bakery-café bringing the tradition of freshly baked artisan bread to neighborhoods in cities throughout the country, will occupy 5,000 square feet. This will be Panera Bread’s second St. Tammany location with a store already located in Covington.
- Carter’s, a leading brand of children’s clothing, gifts and accessories, will occupy 4,000 square feet. This marks the retailer’s first location in East St. Tammany.
- Massage Envy, the pioneer and national leader of affordable massage and spa services, will occupy 3,000 square feet. This will be the second St. Tammany Parish location for the retailer.
“We are excited to bring these highly regarded retailers to the Slidell market,” said Townsend Underhill, Stirling Properties’ Senior Vice President of Development. “Their commitment to this project demonstrates the quality of this development and the strength of our regional economy.”
“The addition of these new stores and restaurants will complement and enhance the existing line-up of great retail names,” said Michael Lebovitz, CBL’s EVP – Development and Administration. “Fremaux Town Center continues to receive strong demand and is sure to be a first-class retail destination for Slidell and the entire region.”
Once complete, the 80+ acre Fremaux Town Center will consist of two phases. Phase II will include up to 320,000 square feet of additional retail space anchored by Dillard’s and is scheduled to open in Spring 2015.
For leasing information, please contact Ryan Pecot by telephone at 337.572.0246 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rodney Gordon by telephone at 423.553.8704 or by email at email@example.com.
About Fremaux Town Center
Fremaux Town Center will be located on more than 80 acres at the southwest corner of Interstate 10 and Fremaux Avenue in Slidell, LA. Slidell is the largest municipality in St. Tammany Parish on the northern shore of Lake Pontchartrain near the city of New Orleans. With its interstate location and high-visibility, Fremaux Town Center is expected to become a regional destination. Currently under construction, Fremaux Town Center Phase I is scheduled to open Spring 2014 and will include retailers such as Kohl’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Best Buy, T.J.Maxx, Michaels, PetSMart, ULTA Beauty, Cheddar’s, dressbarn, Kirkland’s, Versona Accessories, Rack Room Shoes, Panera Bread, Lane Bryant, Carter’s and Massage Envy. Phase II will be anchored by Dillard’s and is scheduled to open Spring 2015. For updates on Fremaux Town Center “like” us at www.facebook.com/FremauxTownCenter.
About CBL & Associates Properties, Inc.
CBL is one of the largest and most active owners and developers of malls and shopping centers in the United States. CBL owns, holds interests in or manages 154 properties, including 93 regional malls/open-air centers. The properties are located in 31 states and total 89.3 million square feet including 9.3 million square feet of non-owned shopping centers managed for third parties. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, CBL has regional offices in Boston (Waltham), MA, Dallas (Irving), TX, and St. Louis, MO. Additional information can be found at cblproperties.com.