It hardly seems possible that we are beginning another year. It seems as if I was just emailing about the start of “Lucky 13“!
“Lucky 13” kicked off with our announcement of a joint venture with CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. to develop Fremaux Town Center in Slidell, Louisiana, and in just 2 months, we will have the grand opening of Phase I. The year ended with the successful closing of the land acquisition and development financing for Magnolia Marketplace in New Orleans, a partnership with JCH Development that will break ground this month.
In between those 2013 bookends, we also accomplished:
- Openings of Walgreens on Magazine Street in New Orleans and in Gulfport, MS
- Securing contract for management of Louisiana Boardwalk in Bossier City
- Grand opening of Mid-City Market in New Orleans
- Opening of our Mobile, AL office
- Expansions of our existing shopping centers – Stirling Bossier, Stirling Lafayette, River Chase (Covington) and MacArthur Village (Alexandria)
- Renovation of Tiger Manor Apartments in Baton Rouge
- Financing of over $174 Million
- Acquisition of United Plaza VIII in Baton Rouge
As proud as I am of our team for all of these accomplishments and more, I am even more proud of the spirit of team and caring for others. Through the leadership of the Stirling Stewardship Committee, the Stirling team significantly contributed money, essential items, and most importantly generously volunteered their personal time for causes such as Habitat for Humanity, food collection drives, breast cancer walks, YMCA Corporate Cup and Volunteers of America’s Christmas Wish Project.
It is because of this talented, dedicated, and motivated team that we are able to achieve so much. I am proud to be part of such a team. Looking ahead to 2014, it will be a very exciting year for Stirling as well as the Gulf South.