Our 40th year is now in full swing! Recently, we officially celebrated this milestone during our annual Stirling Honors recognition luncheon. My message for the day centered around Tony Robins’ quote “Change is Inevitable. Progress is Optional.” Stirling has survived and prospered over the years and it is clear that Stirling opted to choose progress. Here’s what 40 years looks like in a 4 minute video:
[wpvideo k1cJ0dhf] During Stirling Honors, I also highlighted many of our recent achievements across the entire spectrum of our company:
- Commercial Brokerage: 2014 was a record year across all business lines – office, retail, industrial and investment sales – with volume up 65%!
- Magnolia Marketplace, New Orleans, LA: With partners JCH Development, we recently celebrated the grand opening on the site of a former housing project almost 10 years after Hurricane Katrina – significant not only for the location but the timing
- Ambassador Town Center, Lafayette, LA: Our 2nd joint venture with CBL is under construction with the official groundbreaking ceremony this month
- Fremaux Town Center, Slidell, LA: Phase I opened a year ago; Phase II is well underway with a scheduled October opening
- Academy Sports + Outdoors, Lake Charles, LA: Under construction with scheduled Summer opening
- Premier Centre, Mandeville, LA: Successfully landed our 1st Whole Foods deal, to open January 2016
- Offices at Mid-City Market, New Orleans, LA: Historic tax credit rehab adjacent to Mid-City Market, anchor Gallo Mechanical set to occupy and open by year end 2015
- Walgreens, Terrytown & Metairie, LA: Terrytown opened a year ago and was our first build-to-sell; fee development Metairie at Vets & Power Blvds is under construction
- Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge, LA: Awarded leasing and management contract last year; condos now on the market, new block of apartments available this summer, office activity is brisk and more retailers/deals in the works
- Ansley Place, Houma, LA: Acquired the 246-unit Class A luxury garden-style apartment complex for $27.3 Million last year
- Alabama/Florida Expansion: Since opening in Mobile less than 2 years ago, we have acquired John Toomey & Company Inc. in Mobile, opened a Pensacola office and expanded/consolidated the Mobile office into One St. Louis Centre in Downtown Mobile; totaling 34 employees/brokers and 2.5 million square feet managed
- Santa Rosa Mall, Mary Esther, FL: Recently awarded contract for leasing and property management of this 734,000 square-foot enclosed mall
Reflecting back on these accomplishments in light of the 40th anniversary of our company, it underscores the fact that change is most certainly inevitable and makes me proud that we have chosen the option to progress.
I know that the future will continue to present us with twists and turns and unexpected new challenges; however, I am confident that we will face these challenges with the knowledge that we have built a strong foundation, rooted solidly in values which are timeless, consistent and enduring.
Indeed change is inevitable…and at Stirling Properties progress is not optional!