Rhonda Sharkawy, MS
Rhonda Sharkawy joined the Stirling Properties team in 1998 as Development Director, where she was involved in new and ongoing development projects, including ground-up development and redevelopment. In 2002, she transitioned to the Commercial Brokerage Division as Senior Retail Leasing & Development Executive. For the last twenty years. For over 20 years, Rhonda has worked on new retail developments, redevelopments & leasing existing shopping centers in a 4 state area. In addition, she represents over a dozen national retailers in Louisiana.
After completing a bachelor’s degree at Loyola University in New Orleans, Sharkawy earned a master’s degree in Land & Real Estate Development, as well as a master’s degree in Construction Science from Texas A&M University.
Rhonda is active in ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers), CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women), Loyola University’s Board of Trustees, Covenant House Executive Sleep Out, Preservation Resource Center, Saks Fifth Avenue Key to the Cure, Junior Achievement Entrepreneur 100, New Orleans Contemporary Arts Center Sweet Arts Ball, Krewe of Muses, Krewe of Tucks, and leads the New Orleans office efforts in the American Cancer Walk for Breast Cancer. Her past board involvement includes Dress for Success, Loyola University Alumni Board, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Young Leadership Council, Commercial Investment Division, and Krewe of Muses.
Five years in a row, Rhonda received the Waguespack Award, given by the Realtor's Commercial Investment Division, for achieving the highest volume in the industry of sales & leases in the marketplace for the year. She is the first agent in Stirling's history to receive the award & one of less than a handful of women to achieve this honor since it was created back in 1964. In 2016, after being the first to receive the award 5 years in a row, a Hall of Fame was created and Ms. Sharkawy inducted into it.
Awards and Honors
- Top Commercial Producer: 2003-2006, 2008-2013, 2015-2017
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2003-2017
Commercial Real Estate Division (CID) - Realtor's Association
- Hall of Fame: 2015
- Overall Top Producer: 2001 - Current
- Poche Waguespack Award: 2009-2014
- Top Overall:
- Retail Lease: 2004-2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
- Retail Sales: 2008
- Retail Producer: 2001-2014
- Most Transactions: 2011-2014
- Nationwide Commercial Award (NAR): 2011-2015
- Power Broker, Top Broker Award: 2015
New Orleans City Business
- Ones to Watch, Top Private Companies: 2016
- Power Generation: 2003, for young innovative achievers whose success in business and organizations set the pace for the future of our region.