Rhonda Sharkawy, MS
Rhonda Sharkawy joined the Stirling Properties team in 1998 as Development Director, where she was involved in retail ground-up developments and redevelopments. In 2002, she transitioned to the Commercial Brokerage Division as Senior Retail Leasing & Development Executive. For over twenty years, she has worked on new retail developments, redevelopments, and leasing existing shopping centers. In addition, she represents over a dozen national retailers throughout Louisiana and into Mississippi. Rhonda is well seasoned in all aspects of commercial retail real estate.
After completing a bachelor’s degree at Loyola University in New Orleans, Sharkawy earned a master’s degree in Land & Real Estate Development, as well as a master’s degree in Construction Science from Texas A&M University- College Station.
Rhonda is currently active in ICSC, CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women), Loyola University New Orleans- Board of Trustees, Leukemia Lymphoma Society, Krewe of Muses, WWOZ and Raintree Children Services.
Her past board involvement includes: Dress for Success, Loyola University Alumni Board, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Young Leadership Council, Commercial Investment Division, and Krewe of Muses. Past/Current Community involvement includes: Covenant House Executive Sleep Out, Saks Fifth Avenue Key to the Cure, Junior Achievement Entrepreneur 100, Greater New Orleans Foundation- Impact 100, Krewe of Tucks, New Orleans Contemporary Arts Center Sweet Arts Ball, to name a few.
Commercial Real Estate Honors and Awards
National Association of Realtors (NAR), Commercial Real Estate Division (CID)
- Hall of Fame: 2015-2017
- Poche Waguespack Award: 2009– 2014
- Top Overall Retail Lease: 2004 – 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
- Top Overall Retail Sales: 2008
- Top Overall Retail Producer: 2001 – 2014 & 2018-2020
- Nationwide Commercial Award (NAR): 2011 – 2020
- For 5 consecutive years, Sharkawy received the Waguespack Award given by the Realtor’s Commercial Investment Division for achieving the highest volume in the industry of sales and leases in the marketplace for the year. She is the first agent in Stirling Properties’ history to receive the award and one of only a handful of women to achieve this honor since it was created back in 1964.
- In 2015-2017, Rhonda was inducted into the New Orleans Association of Realtors Commercial Hall of Fame for the Waguespack Award. She is the first woman to receive this prestigious honor.
- Top Commercial Producer: 2003-2006, 2008-2013, 2015-2020
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2003-2020
- Power Broker, Top Broker Award: 2015-2018-2019
Community Honors and Awards
New Orleans City Business
- Excellence in Real Estate - 2018
- Ones to Watch, Top Private Companies: 2016
- Power Generation: 2003
Given to young innovative achievers whose success in business & organizations set the pace for the future of our region.