Rhonda Sharkawy, MS
Rhonda Sharkawy joined the Stirling Properties team in 1998 as Development Director, where she was involved in new and ongoing development projects, including ground-up development and redevelopment. In 2002, she transitioned to the Commercial Brokerage Division as Senior Retail Leasing & Development Executive. For the last twenty years, she has worked on new retail developments, redevelopments, and leasing existing shopping centers. In addition, she represents over a dozen national retailers throughout Louisiana.
After completing a bachelor’s degree at Loyola University in New Orleans, Sharkawy earned a master’s degree in Land & Real Estate Development, as well as a master’s degree in Construction Science from Texas A&M University.
Rhonda is active in ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers), CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women), Loyola University’s Board of Trustees, Covenant House Executive Sleep Out, Preservation Resource Center, Saks Fifth Avenue Key to the Cure, Junior Achievement Entrepreneur 100, New Orleans Contemporary Arts Center Sweet Arts Ball, Krewe of Muses, Krewe of Tucks, and leads the New Orleans office efforts in the American Cancer Walk for Breast Cancer. Her past board involvement includes Dress for Success, Loyola University Alumni Board, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Young Leadership Council, Commercial Investment Division, and Krewe of Muses.
For 5 consecutive years, Sharkawy has received the Waguespack Award given by the Realtor’s Commercial Investment Division for achieving the highest volume in the industry of sales and leases in the marketplace for the year. She is the first agent in Stirling Properties’ history to receive the award and one of only a handful of women to achieve this honor since it was created back in 1964.
In 2016, Rhonda was inducted into the National Association of Realtors Commercial Hall of Fame. She is the first woman to receive this prestigious honor.
Awards and Honors
Commercial Real Estate Awards
National Association of Realtors (NAR), Commercial Real Estate Division (CID)
- Hall of Fame: 2015
- Poche Waguespack Award: 2009-2014
- Top Overall Retail Lease: 2004-2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
- Top Overall Retail Sales: 2008
- Top Overall Retail Producer: 2001-2014
- Most Transactions: 2011-2014
- Nationwide Commercial Award from Realtor’s Association: 2011-2015
- Top Commercial Producer: 2003-2006, 2008-2013, 2015-2017
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2003-2017
- Power Broker, Top Broker Award: 2015
New Orleans City Business
- Ones to Watch, Top Private Companies: 2016
- Power Generation: 2003, for young innovative achievers whose success in business and organizations set the pace for the future of our region.