Stirling Properties commercial real estate company is pleased to welcome the 1st Sephora to Northshore New Orleans, and announces new updates to River Chase mixed-use development in Covington, Louisiana.
- The popular national beauty-retail chain, Sephora, will occupy 2,100 square feet inside JCPenney department store. Utilizing a smaller footprint, the retail chain will feature the signature Sephora look and beauty assortment. This will mark the fifth Sephora location in Louisiana, and the first for the Northshore. A grand opening is scheduled for June 17th.
- Pre-leasing opportunities have begun for Phase 1 of the Offices at River Chase, a new Class-A office building that will be located at the southwest corner of Brewster Road and Stirling Blvd. The site is now being cleared, and construction of the first 45,000-square-foot, two-story office building is anticipated to begin in the summer of 2016, with initial tenant occupancies planned for 10 to 12 months later.
- Site work has commenced on the new 36,000-square-foot Rooms-To-Go next to Zoe’s Kitchen. The furniture retailer is relocating from its current store on Hwy. 190 in Covington, and is on track to open in the first quarter of 2017.
- Construction has begun on Springs at River Chase, through a joint venture with Continental Properties. The new 296-unit luxury apartment community will be located at the southwest corner of Interstate 12 and Brewster Road. The property will feature floor plans ranging from studio to three-bedroom, and community amenities will include a clubhouse, resort-style pool, 24-hour fitness center, dog park, attached and detached garages, car care center and a pet spa. The first units will be available in August 2016, with anticipated fully built out completion in first quarter, 2017.
- Plans are also underway for the development of 182 single-family luxury homes, adjacent to Springs at River Chase apartment community, through a joint venture with Southern Lifestyle Development. Phase I will include the completion of 81 luxury homes.
- Salon by InStyle is open inside JCPenney, as part of an exclusive collaboration with the editors of InStyle magazine to reinvent its salons nationwide. The new concept salon features the latest in haircare, styling and products. A grand re-opening was held last week.
- Five Below, a new-to-market bargain retailer, which sells everything for $5 or less, celebrated its grand opening earlier this month. This is one of only three stores located in Louisiana.
River Chase is the premier mixed-use development on the Northshore, located amidst 253 acres of prime interstate property adjacent to the Tchefuncte River, with direct access to Interstate 12 via two interchanges that bound the eastern and western borders of the development and Louisiana Highway 21. The center includes retail, restaurants and entertainment options, as well as a Holiday Inn Express, 14-screen stadium style Regal Cinema and residential apartment units. Additional residential and office developments are coming soon. Anchored by Target, Belk, JCPenney, Best Buy, Marshalls, Ross Dress For Less and Sam’s Club, River Chase shopping center occupies 945,000 square feet, and is the largest open air retail center in Louisiana. River Chase continues to be a leading regional shopping and restaurant destination, as well as a vital economic contributor to the region. Additional tenants include John V Salon & Spa, Carter’s, Cato, Charming Charlie, Chuck E. Cheese’s, Cost Plus World Market, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, Family Cuts, Fidelity Homestead Savings Bank, Five Below, GameStop, Hibbett Sports, Holiday Inn Express, In Style Salon, Justice, Lane Bryant, Maurices, Men’s Wearhouse, Michaels, Nevada Bob’s Golf, Oreck Vacuums, Pink & White Nails, Regal Cinemas, River Chase Cleaners, rue 21, Sephora (open July 2016), Shoe Carnival, The Children’s Place, ULTA Beauty, Verizon Wireless, Which Wich and Zoe’s Kitchen. Outparcel tenants include Chick-fil-A, LongHorn Steakhouse, Regions Bank, Taco Bell, Texaco and Wendy’s. “Stirling Properties has been at the forefront of commercial real estate investment and development in St. Tammany Parish and surrounding areas of South Louisiana. We were instrumental in bringing large-scale retailers here,” said Townsend Underhill, Stirling Properties Senior Vice President of Development. “St. Tammany remains one of our most important areas and we are proud to call the parish home to our Corporate Office.” Stirling Properties developed River Chase, with Phase I beginning in 2002, and currently holds the contract for management and leasing of the center. Stirling Properties has developed more than 3.7 million square feet totaling $465 million since 2010, and manages nearly 17 million square feet of property, almost exclusively in Louisiana. Other Stirling Properties management and development projects in St. Tammany Parish include Fremaux Town Center (Slidell), Stirling Slidell, The Crossing (Slidell), Premier Centre (Mandeville) and Northpark Corporate Center (Covington), just to name a few. Stirling Properties was also influential in creating supporting infrastructure, such as the I-12 corridor connecting River Chase and Brewster Road to Hwy. 21 in Covington. For more information, please visit stirlingproperties.com. For information on River Chase, visit river-chase.com. For retail leasing and sales, contact Rhonda Sharkawy at (504) 620-8145 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For office leasing and sales, contact Ryan Murphy at (985) 246-3771 or email@example.com.