Marty Mayer, President & CEO of Stirling Properties, is among 25 New Orleanians recently selected by Young Leadership Council (YLC) for their 2013 Role Model class. YLC, a non-profit civic organization that develops leadership skills through community projects, will honor each Role Model at their 27th Annual YLC Role Model Gala.
Every year, a committee composed of members of the YLC Board of Directors and Role Models from previous years selects 25 members of the New Orleans community who serve as outstanding examples for the young talent that YLC represents. Honorees distinguish themselves by promoting a positive attitude and an unyielding desire to enhance the quality of life in the New Orleans region, striving to unite the community in collaborative efforts for its future prosperity, serving as exemplary role models to young talent, and making significant contributions in their specific fields of endeavor.
“For over 26 years, we have identified leaders in our community who represent the qualities that YLC works hard to promote in our members. This year’s honorees are no exception,” said Richard Pavlick, 2013 YLC Board President. “We are excited to honor this group of outstanding individuals at this year’s Role Model Awards Gala.”
Other members of the 2013 Role Model class include:
- Charlotte A. Bollinger, Bollinger Shipyards, Inc.
- Marsha A. Boudy, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Foundation
- Nannette Jolivet Brown, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- John M. Duck, Adams and Reese LLP
- Ben Hales, New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans
- Juli Miller Hart, Projects With Purpose
- Paul Hoolahan, Sugar Bowl
- Janet R. Howard, Bureau of Governmental Research
- Gary LaGrange, Port of New Orleans
- John Landrum, Intralox LLC
- Patricia LeBlanc, LeBlanc Butler LLC
- Peggy Mendoza, City Year New Orleans
- Virginia Miller, Beuerman Miller Fitzgerald
- Kenneth Polite, Liskow & Lewis
- Ann Rabin, Citizens for 1 Greater New Orleans
- Dorothy “Dottie” Reese, DMM & Associates, LLC
- Stephen Romig, LaPorte CPAs & Business Advisors
- Stephen Rosenthal, Strategic Comp
- G. Albert Ruesga, PhD, Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Yaye Sarr, D.D.S., Smiles To Geaux
- Chris Schultz, Launch Pad & Flatstack
- Pamela Senatore, Generation Louisiana LLC
- Ann Tuennerman, Tales of the Cocktail
- Warner Williams, Chevron
About Young Leadership CouncilThe Young Leadership Council is a non-profit, non-partisan civic organization created to develop leadership through community projects. Through volunteer-created community projects, the YLC recruits and retains young professionals to New Orleans, creating a positive impact on the quality of life in the region. The oldest, independent YPO (young professionals’ organization) in the country, the YLC has raised more than $25 million to support community projects in and around the New Orleans area since 1986.